Garage Door Maintenance
Receive a FREE Quote Today!
If you haven’t had your garage door serviced in a while, now is a great time! We recommend that you schedule once a year service at your residential or commercial door. It is especially important to get your door serviced when temperature or moisture levels are about to rise or drop suddenly like the spring or fall. During these two times, your garage door parts are more likely to wear out quickly, especially if they already have damage. It is important to schedule annual garage door maintenance for three reasons.
Why you should get annual garage door maintenance:
A malfunctioning door is potentially dangerous. If your spring, cable, or opener were to break suddenly, these parts could injure a person or pet that happened to be standing beneath the door. In addition to checking these major parts, our maintenance includes ensuring the automatic reverse system is functioning. In order to guarantee the safety of your family, make annual garage door service a priority.
Spending a little on annual maintenance now can save you a lot of money later. When a technician services your door, they will notice small damages that can be easily repaired before they escalate. They also lubricate and tighten all your garage door system parts in order to prevent unnecessary stress on individual parts.
Scheduling a brief maintenance appointment on your own time will help you avoid an inconvenient broken garage door in the future. If you know your garage door system is functioning at its best, then you won’t have to worry about having your car trapped in the garage suddenly.
For all these reasons, scheduling annual preventive maintenance is an important aspect of ensuring that your garage door has a long, reliable life span. Without maintenance, your garage door system will wear out more quickly, costing you more in replacement parts long term. Instead of waiting for parts to break or wear, causing unnecessary damage to your garage door, contact us today to schedule your maintenance appointment.
Call an Expert
It’s always a good idea to have an expert come do a maintenance check, which includes:
- Checking the bottom seal
- Ensuring the balance of the garage door (springs)
- Lubing and tightening the moving parts
- Applying grease (not spray) to the motor rail
- Making proper adjustments to the garage door opener
An expert will also check and do the following during a maintenance service:
- Check torsion spring tension and balance
- Check that cables are not worn or stretched
- Check roller health – is it properly lubricated and rolling in the tracks?
- Check that hinges are operating properly
- Check the exterior vinyl weather trim – is it cracked or brittle? If yes, it may need to be replaced.
- Check for cracking or stress on steel garage doors or rot and cracking for wood garage doors
- Check the force and limits of the garage door opener
- Check tracks for stress or bends
- Tighten screws on hinges and struts as well as tracks if needed
- Check bearing plates for wear and bearings
- Apply spray lube to hinges, rollers, springs, and bearing plates
- Apply grease (not spray) to the motor rail for smooth operation of the carriage carrier/trolly
- Check remotes, wall button, safety sensors, and keypads
Once these items are checked and good to go, you’re set for colder months ahead.
Still not convinced?
If you do not want to commit to annual maintenance, at least watch for these signs of damage to your door.
- Door sticking on its way up or down
- Loose hinges
- Seals wearing out
- Grinding or squeaking noises
If you have noticed any of these issues and are ready to schedule your maintenance check, contact us today!
Garage Door Maintenance
FREE Quote / Inspection