When it comes to commercial garage door repair, we make safety and communication our top two priorities. This means we work with business owners from the first sign of an issue through any maintenance needs with expertise and transparency. With your business needs in mind, we have created a repair approach that considers the risk of a broken commercial garage door to your property and employees. Broken doors are hazardous, especially in terms of liability. That is why we are IDEA certified and extensively train and test our technicians to work on all types of repairs. We have the knowledge to ensure that your door functions with long term reliability and safety.
We want to help you run your business with the greatest degree of efficiency. That is why we prioritize your repair needs, often able to schedule a consultation with one or two of our technicians on the same day you call. Additionally, we offer hourly commercial repair rates far below the standard. We understand the challenges of running a business so we want to help you in every way we can so you can succeed.
FAMILY-OWNED & OPERATED SINCE 1968
Because we only hire highly experienced garage door technicians and require mandatory attendance of weekly training meetings, we have the expertise to repair any door issue. We also work with every major brand that sells commercial doors, hardware, and operators so we are familiar with individual brand repair needs. We provide all of the commercial garage door repair services listed below.
Commercial Section Replacement
Commercial Roller Replacement
Commercial Operator Repair
Commercial Spring Replacement
Door Balance Test
- High Speed Door Repair and Install
Fire Door Drop Tests
Dock Door Leveler Repair
Commercial Cable Repair/Replacement
Commercial Door Out of Track
Loading Dock & Door Repair and Install
Preventative Maintenance on Loading Dock & Doors
Loading Dock Safety Equipment Install and Checks
Most Common Commercial Garage Door Issues
Broken Torsion Spring
These thick springs counterbalance the weight of your entire industrial sized garage door. That means they absorb all the pressure of the door each time it is opened and closed. Over time, this causes the spring to stretch apart and eventually snap. It is important that these be checked annually and replaced quickly in order to repair your door.
Garage door cables work with the counterbalance system of your torsion spring in order to keep the door on track and safe. However, these also wear out and become weak after many cycles. They should be checked regularly for fraying and replaced at least every 10-15 years.
Your operator is the motor that works to open and close your commercial door. It is also under extreme pressure and can wear out over time. The door is heavy, warehouses can be dusty, and it can be utilized upwards of ten times a day. In order to ensure that it runs smoothly, it needs to be tested and serviced regularly.
If your door or parts cannot be repaired at a reasonable rate, we will offer you the best replacement options. We can upgrade your current system for an affordable price to ensure you have the resources you need to run your business with efficiency. Visit our New Commercial Garage Door page to learn more about your replacement options.
In addition to repairs when you have an issue, we offer annual maintenance. Although it’s not required, we suggest it for doors opened and closed over 10 times a day. Maintenance is especially important during significant season changes like the fall and spring in order to ensure that none of your parts experience unnecessary wear. Consider these three reasons to set up an annual maintenance plan for your door:
1. Malfunctioning Doors Are Dangerous – Your commercial garage doors are likely one of the largest and heaviest moving parts of your business. This makes them one of the most dangerous pieces of machinery when broken. If an employee or customer is standing beneath the door when it breaks or if poorly installed parts fall, it could cause serious injury. Those are liabilities that reflect poorly on your business. Instead, ensure that you schedule regular maintenance to prevent parts from wearing out, bending, or loosening.
2. Spend a Little Now to Save Later – Fully replacing a commercial garage door can be an expensive project. However, if you schedule maintenance, this need for a new system can be put off for a longer amount of time. This is because a technician will notice small issues and perform tests that you as a business owner may not consider. When we repair these little problems as they arise, it keeps them from evolving into dangerous malfunctions and saves you from having to purchase a new system.
3. Save Time and Convenience – When you schedule a brief maintenance service around your availability, it saves you from having to halt production for an issue later on. We have available times Monday through Saturday from early morning to late afternoon, including 24-hour emergency service, in order to accommodate any busy schedule. When you don’t have to worry about your door breaking suddenly, you have more time to focus on making your business successful.
During your maintenance appointment, our technicians will complete all of the following steps to ensure that your door is safe, efficient, and ready to last for years to come.
• Check torsion spring tension and balance
• Check that cables are not worn or stretched
• Check roller health to ensure it is properly lubricated and rolling in the tracks
• Check that hinges are operating properly
• Check the exterior vinyl weather trim to see if it is cracked or brittle
• Check for cracking or stress on steel garage doors
• Check the force and limits of the garage door operator
• Check tracks for stress or bends
• Tighten screws on hinges and struts as well as tracks if needed
• Check bearing plates for wear and bearings
• Apply spray lube to hinges, rollers, springs, and bearing plates
• Apply grease (not spray) to the motor rail for smooth operation
• Check remotes, wall button, safety sensors, and keypads
No matter what type of commercial overhead door repair or maintenance you are seeking, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 678-960-3360. We are fully licensed, certified, insured, and ready to help!